Ramesh Marketing

Maximize Energy Efficiency with Mobil 1

Modern car engines have an efficiency of around 15%. The remaining 85% is wasted as heat or through friction. Mobil 1 improves these statistics by increasing the efficiency of your engine.

There are 4 key areas in a combustion engine where energy is lost and Mobil 1 helps to improve efficiency:


1. The Valve Train

Energy is lost in the camshaft bearings and the contact area between the valve and lifter.

As the engine heats up, Mobil 1 flows faster due to its lower viscosity. This minimises metal to metal contact, therefore reducing friction and wear.


2. The Piston and Cylinder

Energy loss occurs at the piston liner interface during the combustion cycle, particularly before and after the midstroke.

Mobil 1 works to reduce friction at points of contact between the piston compression rings and cylinder walls.


3. The Oil Pump

In the oil pump, energy is lost due to rotational energy consumed by the power required to pump heavier viscosity oils, especially during warm-up.

The fully synthetic formulation of Mobil 1 flows more easily through the oil pump, requiring less power to pump the oil to critical engine parts.


4. The Crankshaft

Friction in the crankshaft mainly occurs between the main bearings and connecting rod bearings..

Mobil 1’s synthetic composition ensures low traction (internal fluid friction) to contribute to improved engine efficiency.

Mobil 1 provides faster lubrication and less viscous drag than higher viscosity oils.

Combustion Engine 170x410